Monday, January 7, 2008

Kristin's Rolls

These may be the best rolls ever, and they're easy enough that I can whip up a batch. Any time I take them anywhere, I get lots of compliments and requests for the recipe. I got the recipe from my good friend Kristin which is why I call them Kristin's Rolls, but I believe the recipe is originally from either her mother or her aunt. I hope she won't hate me for posting it here; they're just so good, I can't help but share.

1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 c. boiling water
2 packages active dry yeast (not rapid rise)
2 eggs
1 c. cold water
6 c. flour

Melt butter in the microwave and then put in bowl with sugar and salt. Add in boiling water and stir until dissolved. When water has cooled to lukewarm, stir in packages of yeast. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and cold water. Add this mixture to the yeast and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in the flour (three c. and then each c. individually). It will be lumpy. Cover with tin foil and put in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours but preferably overnight for the dough to rise. Divide into three sections and roll out into round on floured surface. Put melted butter on the flat rounds and spread around. Cut in wedges (8-12 per circle) and roll from fat side into point to make the crescent. Put on cookie sheets and coat tops with butter. Cover with kitchen towel and raise for three hours. Cook at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.

No comments: