Here's what I do.
1. I go to Costco (any day BUT Saturday--because that's shopping suicide) and purchase some vine ripened tomatoes & some of those baby cucumbers that come in a bag.
2. I wash and chop the tomatoes and cucumbers (I don't want a worm--though it might be easier than a diet).
3. With a dash of olive oil and a helping of balsamic vinegar, I dress my veggies to perfection.
4. Add a little salt and pepper and a pretty dish and you're ready to dine on a most lovely summer dish.
NO oven. Healthy. Lovely to look at. Filling (kind of). Size 6 jeans--HERE I COME (or 8--I'm not picky).
Special thanks to Annette & Aubri for the inspiration for this now daily dish. I can feel my thighs shrinking already.
This is another wonderful recipe found on dietrecipesblog.com. I'm going to try this version just as soon as I get sick of my own. It's ONLY 44 calories, people. 44 calories. Do I need to say it one more time 44 calories. Praise be!
Fresh Tomato And Cucumber Salad recipe - 44 calories
2 large tomatoes, diced
2 large cucumbers, diced
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup diced green pepper
1 (8 ounce) bottle fat-free
sugar substitute, to equal 2 teaspoons sugar
1. Mix all the vegetables in a bowl.
2. Combine the dressing and sugar substitute.
3. Pour the dressing over the vegetables.
4. Chill before serving.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 0.5g
Total carbs: 9.9g
WW points: 1
Photo credit: Loves2Teach