Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"More, please!" French Toast

French toast is good. But this french toast is even better! All three kids ate everything on their plate and begged for more this morning. Like many of my creations, I just started dumping stuff in the bowl and had to sit down and think about what I did afterward. Here you go:

2 eggs
1/4 cup orange juice
1/3 cup milk
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. cinnamon
6 slices hearty sourdough bread
butter
powdered sugar
maple syrup

Set your skillet to preheat while you whisk together the eggs, OJ, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. When your skillet or griddle is nice and hot, melt a pat of butter on it and slather it all over the syrup. Pour the egg mixture into a pie pan and dip 3 slices of bread on both sides in the egg mixture. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until golden and toasty. Melt a pat of butter on each slice before removing to a serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle syrup over the top. Mmmm!

1 comment:

roamingjones said...

I will have to try that recipe. I have a great honey baked french toast recipe that I really like - it has a crispy glaze when baked. You don't even need syrup! Yum...