This is the recipe started with and altered to suit my needs.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (I only had salted butter & it was fine)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock (I used one can of chicken broth)
- 2 cups milk (I used one cup of evaporated milk & one cup skim milk)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion in the butter for 5 minutes. Stir in the cauliflower and potato and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender. Add the milk, stirring well to blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste. I blended mine together so it was a smooth soup. It was LOVELY. . . just lovely.