- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix together shortening, 1/2 cup butter, white sugar, eggs, bananas, vanilla, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, and vinegar until light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to other mixture. Add nuts.
- Chill one hour in the fridge.
- Drop by teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet about two inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. Let cool before frosting.
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions: Mix confectioner's sugar with soft butter or margarine, evaporated milk, and vanilla. Beat until soft. Spread on tops of cooled cookies.