Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall in a Bowl

Acorn Squash Soup--the best squash soup I've ever had. It isn't too sweet! I even put a bit of bacon on top as a garnish. It was SO lovely. Make it. You won't regret it.

1 chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped carrot
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
2 T butter
2 T flour
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp curry powder
2 cups chicken broth
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
3 cups mashed cooked acorn squash (I only had one acorn squash--so I made up the rest with some shredded zucchini)
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of garlic salt

In a saucepan, saute the onion, celery, carrot and red pepper in butter. Stir in flour, bouillon, dill and curry until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the squash, salt & pepper; heat through.

In a blender, process the soup in batches until smooth. Mmmm, you are going to love this.

2 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Yum! I was just thinking that I've been a blog slacker over here...thanks for posting!

Patti said...

Awesome! It sounds so delicious.