Monday, September 28, 2009

Raving about Rasberry Brownies and Leigh Anne

Here at Food for Thought, we LOVE Leigh Anne at Your Homebased Mom. I look for her bits of expertise and inspiration every day--really, I check her blog EVERY DAY. She's full of wonderful recipes, idea, and general goodness. In fact, I saw one of her daughters at the airport several weeks ago and it felt like a celebrity sighting! If you get the chance, I'd HIGHLY recommend adding her to your reader. I tried her Raspberry Tuxedo Brownie Squares yesterday to serve at our primary training. They were lovely--a recipe worth passing on. Many thanks to OUR Homebased Mom for another indulgent dessert.

Raspberry Tuxedo Brownie Squares from Your Homebased Mom

1 package (21 oz.) brownie mix (9 x 13 size)

1/2 C seedless raspberry jam (I used jam with seeds!)

2 C fresh raspberries, or frozen whole raspberries without syrup, thawed and drained, divided (I used 1 1/2 cups frozen for the dessert and then used 1/2 cup fresh to garnish the top)

3 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly

2 packages (8oz.) cream cheese, softened

1/2 C powdered sugar

1/4 C milk

1 C heavy whipping cream, wh ipped to stiff peaks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package. Cool completely. Spread jam onto brownies. Reserve 1/2 cup of raspberries for the garnish, arrange the remaining 1 1/2 cups raspberries evenly over jam. Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl, mix well. Gradually whisk in melted chocolate and milk. Fold in whipped cream. Spread carefully over raspberries. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Cut into squares. Garnish with reserved raspberries or chocolate curls. Store, covered in the refrigerator. Yields: 15 servings

6 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

You are so cute! You made my day when I read this post! These brownies are so yummy too!! Thanks for the sweet comments! Love you guys too!!!

Patti said...

So did you see Cali or Tessa? My bet is on Cali. Yes, I read Leigh Anne's blog(s) too!

michelleyv said...

Patti--I knew you'd be a HBM fan. Afterall, kindred spirits think alike, right? I'm not sure if it was Cali or Tessa. Next time, I'm going to forget being shy and I'm asking for a photo as well as an autograph signed "home based mom's favorite daughter."

Nurse Heidi said...

Dude, that's TOTALLY a celebrity sighting! One of these times when Leigh Anne heads this way again, we'll have to have a fan club lunch :).

Patti said...

What? You didn't whip out your purse camera and ask a stranger to take your picture with her? Ugh. Sign me up for the lunch! :)

Nurse Heidi said...

Unfortunately, my camera is no longer purse size. More like diaper bag size. ;). But I have been known to whip my camera out with very little provocation - my personal blog is case in point.