Monday, October 29, 2007

My Love Affair with Pumpkin



It wasn't very many years ago that I didn't even eat a slice of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, I would have apple pie or anything else instead. I then got to the point where I could stand one bite, I just didn't like the taste or the texture or the pie crust. Now...that has all changed. I love pumpkin and everything pumpkin. I love the color, the smell, the taste...I love the season of pumpkin. Already this fall I made layered pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and pumpkin chocolate chip waffles for my birthday dinner (no picture). All of the recipes I got from Michelle's blog #1. I am counting down the days until Thanksgiving week because there is so much more pumpkin deliciousness to be had. And in just a couple of weeks I will be eating an Einstein's bagel with their amazing pumpkin cream cheese (I am planning my 2 days in Utah around food, don't even worry!). I can't wait!!! Try a pumpkin recipe today, I will be adding to the collection. Maybe I'll make a scrapbook or recipe book all about pumpkin....now there's an idea.