Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Simple Citrus Poppyseed Dressing

(I will edit this post to add a picture as soon as my computer that has all of my lovely images on it is functional again.  In the meantime, use your imagination.)

This is my go-to dressing.  It takes less than 2 minutes to whip together and has a nice sweet tang to it.  Even better, it's relatively low fat.  I love to use this for broccoli slaw, or drizzle it over a bed of baby greens topped with chunks of avocado, oranges, strawberries and mangos with a sprinkling of spiced nuts.  Absolutely delicious and refreshing!

Simple Citrus Poppyseed Dressing

1/3 cup reduced fat mayonaise
3 T. red or white wine vinegar
3 T. orange juice
1 t. raw sugar
pinch of kosher salt
1/2-1 t. poppyseeds, according to your taste

Mix all ingredients together.  The end.  So simple.  I like to make small quantities at a time since a little goes a long way.  Keep any unused portion sealed in a jar or tupperware in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.  If you'd like to boost the citrus flavor, stir in a bit of orange zest.

No comments: